14 Beacon Street, suite 719
Boston, MA 02108
POSITION AVAILABLE–Part time Bookkeeper
Community Works (CW) is a portfolio of 30 local social justice organizations working for long term systemic change in their communities. Our members involve neighborhood people in making the changes that will build robust communities. We have joined forces to work for affordable housing, quality health care, environmental justice, civil rights, safe neighborhoods, economic equity, and youth leadership. We celebrate the interconnections and diversity that is true community. All of us benefit from a more just society.
Job Description: The Bookkeeper oversees financial data and systems. Responsibilities include:
- Oversee financial information including the accuracy, security, timeliness, and consistency of data entry
- Manage accounts payable process
- Perform month, quarter, and year-end closings including balance sheet reconciliations and general journal prep and entry
- Prepare monthly balance sheet, income statement and cash flow projection and monthly campaign statements
- Manage annual audit and ensure reporting compliance
- Ensure accurate and timely review and posting of gifts including pledges, stock and in-kind
- Process workplace campaign pledges and payments in QB
- Maintain accurate and timely benefit accrual information
- Manage HR vendor relationships including preparing 1099’s
- Manage insurance policies- D&O, WC and Property
- Perform semi-monthly payroll and related tasks
- Ensure secure, timely, and appropriate flow of internal and external financial and donor information
The ideal candidate is highly organized, likes working with financial data, has excellent communication skills, enjoys working independently with team input, and has a sense of humor.
- BA preferred
- 5 years of related accounting experience
- 2 years experience within a non-profit environment
- Experience with accounting software
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Discretion and respect for information privacy
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to our mission.
Salary/Benefits/Schedule: Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is in-house, requires 3 – 4 days per month. This is a contract position that pays no benefits.
Affirmative Action Employer: Community Works, Inc. is an affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability.
Please respond to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Works 14 Beacon Street Suite 719 Boston MA 01208